Teacher of Science
Contract: Temporary maternity cover from 01 September 2020 to 31 August 2021
Salary: Main Scale/UPS
Are you a passionate, high-performing Science Teacher who is looking for a new challenge? Bristol Free School is recruiting for a teacher of Science to join our dedicated team.
If you are an outstanding classroom practitioner with a passion for student learning, and you want to be part of our growing and thriving school, we look forward to receiving your application. We will welcome applications from experienced teachers and NQTs.
Successful A ‘Level teaching is desirable and a recent track record of highly effective teaching in KS3 and 4 is essential.
WHY CHOOSE US:
Bristol Free School is a vibrant and successful school, serving the community of North West Bristol. It is situated in a well-connected location, from which it is easy to access the city and motorway network.
Bristol Free School is part of the Russell Education Trust. The school was established in September 2011 and in a short space of time, has become a very successful and oversubscribed school.
The School admits 200 children per year and occupies a mix of refurbished and new buildings which were opened in September 2013, The Sixth Form opened in September 2016.
The school has a strong reputation for STEM and science is valued highly at the school with an excellent A level uptake. The school is particularly proud of the high take-up of STEM subjects at A level from girls, which is well above national average.
We are defending champions of the Salters' Challenge Festival of Chemistry hosted at Bristol University.
• A forward-thinking approach to learning and teaching
• A flourishing 11-18 provision with opportunities to teach in the sixth form in many subject areas
• A school that is fully dedicated to developing every student to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability
• Bristol Free School is a Russell Education Trust school offering the opportunity for collaborative working and development across the Trusts 5 schools
• Excellent Continuous Professional Development opportunities
• A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn
• Great support for NQTs including your own dedicated mentor, reduced teaching timetable and a successful induction programme
• Staff wellbeing is at the forefront of the school’s priorities - happy staff make a happy school
- Recent track record of highly effective teaching in KS3 and 4 is essential
- Successful A ‘Level teaching is desirable
- Detailed subject knowledge
YOU WILL BE:
- QTS (Qualified Teacher Status)
- Well qualified and enthusiastic
- Able to teach Science across all key stages
- Passionate about STEM subjects and committed to improving teaching and learning
- Forward thinking, creative, receptive to change and able to work within a team
- Organised and able to work to deadlines
If you are an outstanding practitioner with a passion for student learning and you want to be part of a strong department with high aspirations, commensurate with our growing and thriving school, we look forward to receiving your application.
Applications are welcome from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of ethnicity, gender, age or disability.
Closing date is Monday 20 April 2020, but early applications are encouraged.
Find out more about this exciting opportunity by visiting our school website.
We are completely committed to safeguarding the welfare of our students. Those who work for us are expected to share this commitment, which will be fully tested as part of the selection process. Our policies, procedures and practices reflect our commitment to equality and diversity. Individuals will be selected for appointment based purely on their suitability for the post.