Hours: 0.6 FTE (3 days)
Required for September 2020
This is an exciting and rewarding opportunity to be part of a team delivering our Year 7/8 competency-based curriculum at a brand-new Academy. West Bromwich Collegiate Academy opened with 175 students in September 2019 and will take in its second year group in September 2020. We believe:
• At WBCA we are committed to an inclusive education for local students at every ability level, a rigorous grounding in academic fundamentals and equipping students for the future through teaching them relevant and cutting-edge skills for the era in which they live.
• That every student should be safe, happy ambitious of themselves and respectful of all.
• To ensure the students have world class opportunities which allow them to compete with any students in the country.
Our Year 7/8 programme is accommodated in a bespoke technologically rich, new build environment.
We are seeking an inspirational teacher of Science. Applicants will:
• Passionate about improving the lives of students they serve
• Be an exceptional teacher
• Role model a commitment to excellence
• Want to collaborate as part of a team
• Are flexible and adaptable, rising to the challenge of creating a new Academy
• Have high standards for students and themselves
In return we will offer:
• Excellent career development opportunities and access to a comprehensive programme of CPD
• An extensive support programme for NQTs
• An ICT rich environment which allows staff to be innovative in harnessing technology for learning
• The opportunity to be involved in the early years of a new Academy
The Shireland Collegiate Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Closing Date: 8:00am Monday 20th April 2020
West Bromwich Collegiate Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.