Full-Time Teacher of Science (MPR/UPR)
Required for January 2021. This is a temporary post in the first instance until August 2021
Tor Bridge High in Plymouth, rated Good by Ofsted in March 2018, was described as having “an open and positive school culture”, “where pupils of different ages happily co-exist”.
Ours is a thriving school oversubscribed for the seventh year.
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and committed teacher who can continue to raise achievement in science at least to Key Stage 4. All Science disciplines will be considered but an ability to deliver Chemistry at key stages 4 and 5 is desirable.
• Keen to join a school where you will be well supported and encouraged to develop professionally.
• Passionate about outstanding teaching and learning.
• Innovative, hardworking and an excellent practitioner.
• Determined to support young people to enjoy learning and make good progress in science.
• A good team player, looking for a role in a well led, organised and resourced science team.
Then we would be delighted to hear from you. An information pack and application form is available from the School website. For further details or to arrange a visit please contact our school Reception.
Closing date: noon on Monday 7th December 2020
Interviews: Provisional date Thursday 10th December 2020
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check. Checks will also be made with previous employers.
Tor Bridge High is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.