Teacher of Science
Salary: £27,186 - £42,192
Start date: 1st September 2021
Closing Date: 21 April 2021
We are currently recruiting for an exceptional Science Teacher to join Plymouth High School for Girls. The successful applicant will ideally have a specialism in Physics but this isn’t essential. This post is suitable for an experienced teacher or NQT with a passion for Science .
Plymouth High believes as much in preparing its students for life as it does their school years, shown by its slogan “For life, not school, we learn”.
“The leadership team has maintained the good quality of education in the school “– Latest Ofsted Report
Plymouth High School for Girls is a City selective Grammar school with a good reputation for providing an engaging curriculum within a supportive and encouraging environment. Students are happy at our school and enjoy the benefits of well taught and engaging lessons along with extensive extra-curricular opportunities. We are a small school with a friendly feel where people work flexibly and collaboratively to give our students the best possible experience.
What you will need to succeed:
- Be a qualified and experienced Science Teacher.
- Teach Physics, Chemistry and Biology up to GCSE level and opportunity to teach A level Physics
- Be able to consistently deliver good or outstanding practice.
- Be experienced in planning an appropriate and challenging curriculum.
- Have a thorough knowledge of present curriculum developments, particularly those relating to Science
- Be an inspiring teacher with real enthusiasm for the subject.
- Be able to motivate his/her pupils.
- Be committed to high standards for both staff and students.
- Be prepared to contribute to the extra-curricular life of the Academy.
- Have excellent knowledge/experience of teaching Science
- Implement and support all Academy policies.
- Be able to collaborate with other leaders and managers in raising standards within the curriculum to Good and Outstanding including all student groups.
- Be able to raise standards of teaching, learning and progress to ensure all subject staff deliver and all students receive Good and Outstanding lessons.
- Be able to coach and mentor subject staff to raise standards in learning and progress to be Good and Outstanding.
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is a family of schools consisting of both primary and secondary schools across Kent, Hampshire and Plymouth.
We believe that every young person in our community deserves to have the best opportunities at life regardless of their individual circumstances.
Education is the key to transforming life chances and we support and develop every member of our community to:
- Think about their
- Thinking Be their
- Best self Shape their Success
In this way we transform life chances
What you will get from our Trust
- Minimum starting salary £27,186 for all NQTs
- Revised Teacher Payscale to retain and reward excellent teachers
- The opportunity to work with happy and well behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos.
- Vast support network from senior leaders and other teachers within the school and our Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits.
- Regular opportunities to meet and share best practice with the relevant year group teachers of the other secondary schools within our trust
- Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning, which has been proven to enhance classroom practice
- Excellent CPD opportunities including our Early career, Middle and Senior Leadership programmes
- As an accredited Chartered Teacher organisation you can become a recognised Charted Teacher
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working in our school, benefiting from a supportive network of teachers across our large academy and our Trust and you are keen to progress your career, then please apply today!
We strongly encourage any teachers who may be interested in working at our school to contact Vicki Benwell, We also encourage any early applications and we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if we suitable candidate is found.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Plymouth High School for Girls is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.