Required for September 2021
Teacher of Secondary Science Permanent Variable Post. Initially 0.6 FTE in the range 0.5 to 1.0
Thank you for taking an interest in our school. Aylestone School is federated with two primary schools with one Executive Headteacher. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, dynamic, creative teacher to join our school as a teacher of Science. We are looking for an inspiring teacher with a real passion for their subject, with the ability to teach Science across KS3- 4, including at GCSE level. We offer you an exciting opportunity to work with and enhance a forward thinking, highly successful small, supportive and motivated team. Whilst the school has a relentless focus on high expectations and aspirations we are proud to provide a happy and nurturing environment, so that as well as maturing into well-rounded, confident young people, our students develop a passion for learning.
We are looking for a teacher who has a clear commitment to achieving the best possible outcomes for pupils of all abilities. Applications are particularly welcome from NQT’s as well as more experienced teachers.
We are looking for a candidate who:
- is or has the potential to be an outstanding teacher
- is highly organised, motivational and flexible
- is an inclusive individual, with high expectations of all students and who is committed to all students reaching their full potential
- is dedicated to raising standards and working in partnership with others
We can offer:
- a supportive leadership team and vibrant professional community
- quality training to those new to the career
- a commitment to continuing professional development
- a positive school culture
- a Federation CPD programme
- an opportunity to work with our federated primary schools
The Governing Body are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and vulnerable adults. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced disclosure through the Disclosure and Barring Service and additional recruitment checks.
Should you wish to visit the school or talk to key staff prior to application then we would welcome the opportunity to talk to you about our school. If you would like to arrange this, then please call and ask for Mrs Becky Kastania, PA to the Headteacher, or to discuss the post over the phone with Mrs Alderton, Deputy Headteacher.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to provide an enhanced DBS Disclosure.