An outstanding opportunity at Oasis Academy John Williams for a Teacher of Science
Part time (0.6FTE ) Full time considered dependant on second subject
Oasis Academy John Williams is a very special place to learn and work. Our last Ofsted visit was in September 2017, where we retained a judgement of being a ‘Good’ school with ‘Outstanding’ Leadership and Management, and we believe that we have moved yet closer to our aim to become the exceptional school our community deserves. We value strong relationships with our parents and carers, and know that through working closely together it is ultimately our young people who benefit.
We like to keep things straightforward at OAJW, and as such our priorities are simple. For our young people we want everyone to become a self-regulated and independent learner who achieves their personal best. We do this by ensuring access to an exceptional curriculum delivered expertly by well supported practitioners in a positive learning culture. We also know the journey through life can at times be challenging. This is why we support our young people every step of the way through the delivery of a strong and coherent pastoral curriculum and a careers programme that helps prepare them for the next phase of education or training.
People matter. For our staff we place a high value on personal development and professional learning. At OAJW we very much believe in a sense of ‘team’ and working together in support of one another and the wonderful young people we serve. We therefore invest heavily in supporting the growth of our team believing that if our young people are surrounded by caring, committed and talented staff that they will be best placed to achieve remarkable success.
We can offer you:
• Strong, supportive staff team committed to raising standards for all our students
• Excellent premises and subject-specific classrooms providing a modern environment for students and staff
• Centrally planned and knowledge-rich curriculum implemented through evidence-based T&L, rooted in the science
of learning and principles of Rosenshine
• Being at the forefront of education technology through the Oasis Horizons project including the use of iPads
• Extensive professional development including departmental co-planning, instructional coaching and collaboration
with peers by being part of Oasis Community Learning
• Where appropriate, an established and successful NQT programme as well as the opportunity to access
NPQML and NPQSL opportunities
• Regular staff social and well-being events
• Teachers’ Pension Scheme
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Use of fitness centre facilities
• Free on-site parking
Closing date: 9.00am 26 April 2021
Interview: From Wednesday 28 April through to 7 May 2021
Please note that the academy reserves the right to appoint at any stage during the recruitment process.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks and a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the values and behaviours which flow from the Oasis Community Learning ethos.
Oasis Community Learning supports Equal Opportunities Employment.
Oasis Community Learning is a company limited by Guarantee registered in England and Wales no. 5398529.
Oasis Community Learning is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks.