Babington Academy - Teacher of Science
Permanent and Full Time
To start from September 2022
We are delighted to offer this exciting opportunity for an inspirational and highly motivated Teacher of Science to join our very talented team from September 2022. All science specialists are welcome to apply with applications encouraged from both experienced and newly qualified teachers; regardless of experience the ideal candidate will be ambitious, passionate and committed and will want to help make a profound positive difference to our school community.
Do you want to make a profound positive difference?
Have you got what it takes?
Would you like to be part of something special?
If so, join our team at Babington Academy for a career without limits.
Babington Academy is a vibrant and diverse 11-16 school where our students are our best resource and is a place where the best teachers can make a huge difference to the outcomes of our students. We were judged as Outstanding by Ofsted in March 2013 and moved into a brand new building in September 2014, offering excellent teaching and learning facilities across all departments.
- That every day you’ll get the opportunity to inspire young people and use your skills to give something back. Our students are amazing… that’s a promise!
- To support you professionally and personally by providing excellent professional development within our supportive community where staff debate teaching and learning. In additional to our academy based CPD, staff can also opt into Trust led professional development
- We currently have eight Specialist Leaders in Education (SLEs). Would you like to be our ninth?
- Working in our calm, child-centered, supportive and well resourced environment will ensure that you thrive!
- An ambitious leadership team with a clear vision for the Academy
- High quality new build with superb teaching and learning environments and facilities
We welcome applications from teachers who are inspiring and knowledgeable within their subject and want to make a real difference to the lives of our students. Our Science team is a strong and very well established department with excellent facilities.
Closing date: asap and by Monday 23rd May 2022
Strong applications may be considered upon receipt.
Safeguarding statement: Babington Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment checks, such as an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check. Applicants who will be undertaking early and/or later years childcare (or the management of such childcare) will be required to complete a declaration that neither they, nor anyone who lives in the same household, is a disqualified person under the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009.
As an equal opportunities employer, the Learning without Limits Academy Trust is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join us.