Science and Mathematics Teacher – MPS
Required for September 2022
An exciting opportunity to join Ysgol Maesydderwen as a Science and Mathematics teacher and make a contribution to the next stage of improvement of a forward thinking school
Ysgol Maesydderwen is situated in beautiful south Powys, the catchment area of which includes part of the Brecon Beacons National Park and the Waterfall Country. Ideally situated in the small town of Ystradgynlais, the school is within easy reach of Cardiff, Swansea and South-West Wales.
The Governors are looking to appoint a teacher to join our highly committed staff. The successful candidate will work with the Science and Mathematics departments to raise outcomes in these subjects for all of our pupils. The exact proportion of teaching commitment to each subject will be determined by the strengths upon appointment.
The role would suit a newly qualified teacher searching for their first position or an experienced teacher looking for a fresh challenge in a different context.
We are looking for a person who:
• is a qualified teacher with the ability to teach Science and Mathematics subjects.
• demonstrates the attitude that our learners can achieve great success;
• consistently teaches very good/excellent lessons for learners;
• be confident in planning an appropriate and challenging curriculum;
• be committed to high standards for learners and themselves;
• has the skills to motivate and engage learners;
• has a relentless aspiration to enrich the lives and learning experiences of the learners at Ysgol Maesydderwen;
• is prepared to contribute to the extra-curricular life of the school.
We can offer you:
• enthusiastic, confident and friendly learners;
• a fantastic building with a stunning teaching environment and state of the art technology;
• outstanding support and development tailored to you, wherever you are in your career;
• an exciting opportunity to be at the heart of the development of key Areas of Learning and Experience in the new Curriculum for Wales at Ysgol Maesydderwen;
• an opportunity to join a highly supportive team;
• a school with an inclusive ethos to ensure all learners make progress in all activities and experiences.
This is a real opportunity for you to make your mark, and as a forward-thinking school with access to high-quality CPD for all, there are always opportunities for career development for ambitious and committed colleagues. If you have the drive and ambition to help support these subjects at our vibrant and thriving school, then this will be the ideal position for you.
If you have any further queries about the above role please feel free to contact the sch
Ysgol Maesydderwen is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.