Do you want to teach where your subject knowledge is highly valued and where students want to learn? We are looking for a teacher of Science who understands that knowledge learnt is not the same as content taught, and uses the best evidence based research in their teaching to drive standards in this important subject. This a temporary post to cover a maternity leave.
We promise a sensible workload, (detentions are centralised, data drops are minimal and feedback is live in-lesson, written marking not needed), a wonderful, curious cohort of students and a driven, ambitious and determined staff team to work with.
We are building our knowledge rich curriculum and we deliver lessons through our version of direct instruction - please don't hesitate to contact us for more information.
Job Title: Teacher of Science (Maternity Cover)
Start date: January 2020
Hours of work: 0.8 FTE (4 days per week)
Closing Date: 7 October 2019
The ideal candidate will:
- be an excellent teacher and a committed team player
- have a proven track record of success and raising student attainment
- have the resolve to make a real difference to the lives of students
- be committed to Queen Elizabeth’s Academy's ethos of high expectations
The successful candidate will benefit from:
- full support and induction
- a strong and caring ethos among staff and students
- excellent CPD opportunities
- networking opportunities across the Diverse Academies Learning Partnership
- salary sacrifice schemes
We are an academy on a rapid improvement journey. Two years ago we adopted a Knowledge Based Curriculum model and we deliver lessons through fully guided instruction as our preferred teaching pedagogy. We have very high expectations of uniform and behaviour and crucially, we expect our students to work as hard as our staff do. We know that our staff team are our greatest resource. Therefore, we invest heavily in them and we know that this has helped us to develop our stable, supportive and high performing team. We have minimised unnecessary teacher workload, including the eradication of lesson plans, a slim-line marking and feedback policy which promotes immediate feedback in the classroom and a sensible approach to assessment. We know that we have a lot to offer someone who wants to feel respected and appreciated as an expert in their field. If you are looking to be part of an exciting improvement journey, we would be delighted to hear from you.
Please include the following on your application:
- Why this post is of interest to you, how you have prepared for this post and how it fits in with your career progression plans
- Experience relevant to the post to include teaching and learning styles and cross curricular work
- How you would make a significant contribution to the raising of attainment in Science
- What you see as the most exciting challenge of the post
Visits to the academy are welcome. Please contact Samantha Motion, Head of Department at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a visit or if you have any questions about the role.
The Diverse Academies and its Governors are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in their care and expects everybody working for the organisation to share this commitment. To this end we actively seek DBS enhanced clearance check for everybody that is employed by us.
Queen Elizabeth’s Academy is committed to pursuing the very best for every student. We hold dear the Christian values of respect, responsibility and compassion for others that underpin everything we do. ‘Life in all its fullness’ John 10:10
Please click here for job description and person specification