We are seeking to appoint a talented, committed and inspirational part-time teacher of Science from September 2020.
Maidenhill is a co-educational, 11-16 school, located just 2 miles from the M5 motorway with easy access to Bristol, Cheltenham, Gloucester and beyond.
We are a small school and pride ourselves in knowing our students really well. We work closely together as a team and have individual student achievement at the heart of everything we do. This post has become available as our school is growing due to increased popularity in the local area. There may be an opportunity to teach additional hours if you are able to teach Key Stage 3 ICT/Computing.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a science teacher. In February 2017, Ofsted judged Maidenhill to be a ‘good’ school, so you would be joining the school at an exciting time in its development as we strive now to become ‘outstanding’. Working in a small school provides excellent experience for someone who wants to broaden their skills as you can, and will be, fully involved in all aspects of our school’s life. You will be joining a small, committed team of science teachers, led by an enthusiastic and passionate subject leader. The post holder will be expected to teach both Key Stage 3 and 4 science and we are able to consider a science teacher with any specialism.
The successful applicant will:
- Be an exceptional science teacher, able to teach to GCSE grade 9
- Have the ability, skills and confidence to teach all science subjects to GCSE level
- Have a passion for science and enthusiasm for teaching and learning
- Have student achievement at the heart of everything they do
- Have the desire to inspire students to learn beyond the classroom
- Be committed to the all-round development of the student
- Enjoy teaching students of all abilities, stretching and challenging all students to achieve their personal best
- Employ a range of teaching strategies appropriate to the age, ability and level of students
- Be able to create an attractive and stimulating learning environment
- Have the drive and ability to raise the profile of the subject within and outside the school
This post would suit either a Newly Qualified Teacher (NQT) or an experienced colleague. We have a ‘New Staff Induction Programme’ for all members of staff that join our school. NQTs will have a reduced timetable in their first year and will participate in a fully supported NQT induction programme involving senior leaders and subject mentors.
Maidenhill School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.