Teacher of Science/Second in Charge of Science (for a suitable candidate)
Required from Easter 2021 or September 2021
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic Teacher of Science who may be able to take on the role of second in department. The successful candidate will have the capacity to raise attainment through motivating and inspiring students and will contribute to a culture of high expectations and innovation within the school. You must have excellent communication skills, tremendous drive and great enthusiasm for teaching and learning.
• A full-time contract in a high achieving supportive Science department
• Teaching Key Stages 3 – 4
• Friendly, supportive, and professional colleagues
• Excellent CPD training including a comprehensive induction programme
• Own laptop
• A TLR 2a second in science post for the right candidate
You will have/will be:
• A passionate and highly motivated teacher
• The ability to inspire high achievement in all young people
• Presence, dynamism, approachability, and a good sense of humour
• A proven track record of successful outcomes for pupils through own teaching experience
• A committed and motivated team worker willing to go above and beyond expectations.
Closing date: Monday 1st March 2021 at 9am
Interviews: Week beginning 8th March2 021
Great Torrington School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.