Teacher of Science (with Chemistry)
The Academy is continuing to expand and due to its popularity and increasing student numbers, a new £6 million wing was opened in September 2018. This extension is an addition to the £20.6 million state-of-the-art building that was completed September 2012, giving every student the opportunity to learn in an exciting and inspiring environment at an Academy that has been recognised for its high standards of inclusion. The new wing includes purpose built science laboratories to accommodate our rapidly expanding sixth form.
The Academy has continued to build on the successes of the last few years and achieved strong results at GCSE & A-Level in the summer. It is conveniently located close to the Cambridgeshire, Northamptonshire & Lincolnshire borders & benefits from excellent road and rail links.
Required for January 2020, we are seeking to appoint a well-qualified and highly motivated teacher of Science to join our Science Department. Applications are welcomed from both experienced & newly qualified teachers (we offer a full induction programme for NQTs) & visits to the Academy are welcomed.
Ormiston Bushfield Academy is a good school (OFSTED - March 2016) with the recent inspection stating:
• Relationships between pupils and staff are positive and contribute substantially to the calm and productive learning environment
• Pupils are making very good progress
• Pupils behave well in lessons and around school
The successful candidate must be able to deliver high quality teaching across Key Stages 3 and 4; the ability to offer A-level Chemistry teaching is advantageous. The successful candidate should have a passion for Science and be innovative in the classroom.
This is an opportunity to join a dynamic Academy with a strong ethos of teamwork and support, where staff are committed to raising attainment. Science is a key and popular subject in the Academy with increasing numbers of students selecting the sciences at A-level.
The successful candidate will:
● Be a well-qualified teacher of Science with outstanding subject knowledge;
● Be able to inspire students, using their enthusiasm & enjoyment of their subject to ensure all students reach their full potential;
● Be able to work as part of a team to raise standards.
● Personalised professional development;
● An opportunity to join a well-established & successful department;
● An opportunity to join a friendly & supportive staff at this popular Academy recognised locally & nationally for its continued improvement.
● Free use of state-of-the-art gymnasium facilities.
Closing date for receipt of applications: Midday – Wednesday 9th October 2019
The Academy is committed to safeguarding & promoting the welfare of children & young people & expects all staff & volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of two suitable references & a successful application for an enhanced disclosure from the DBS.