We are looking to appoint an ambitious and highly motivated permanent Teacher of Spanish with a real passion for teaching and learning to join the school from September 2021 or earlier if possible. The role is suitable for NQTs. We are looking for an excellent Teacher who will inspire our students in the classroom by delivering innovative curricula and giving them the confidence to think for themselves as they progress through our academy.
You will join a friendly and supportive school and you will be required to teach Spanish across the full age and ability range within both Key Stage 3 and 4 including GCSE level, with the ability, drive and commitment to maintain and improve the current success rate.
At Christ’s College there is a strong emphasis on sustaining and raising achievement in creative, innovative ways and there is a genuine commitment to collaboration and professional development.
Our values are:
These values make Christ’s College a positive and inclusive community in which all students feel safe, valued and part of the family. Our college aims to serve our community by providing a fully inclusive education of the highest quality within the context of Christian belief and practice. At Christ’s College we believe a great values driven education has the power to transform futures. If you are looking for an exciting place to work with dedicated staff, positive students and supportive parents then join us.
The successful candidate will be able to promote their love of the subject and spark students interest and enable them to reach their full potential.
The department and College is heavily focussed on developing expertise within teaching and learning and you will be trained and supported in the TEEP model of teaching. There is a proven track record of excellent professional development opportunities.
Advantages of working at Christ’s College:
· There is a real sense of belonging, camaraderie and mutual respect amongst the whole community
· The parents and governors are very supportive of the College and appreciative of the work we are doing
· The children want to do their best and will work hard as they respect their teachers’ knowledge and commitment
· The staff are dedicated, skilful and hard-working
· There are good opportunities for internal promotion in a growing school which has a tradition of acknowledging and rewarding hard work
· There are excellent opportunities for external promotion
· As a relatively small school which offers a full suite of extra-curricular activities, it is easy to be involved in a wide range of enrichment activities in Sport, Performing Arts and elsewhere.
Please note that CVs will not be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Christ's College is a school within The Good Shepherd Trust. The Good Shepherd Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for this position.
Candidates will be assessed as their application is received, therefore early application is recommended and we may interview before the closing date if sufficient strong applicants apply.