We are seeking to appoint an inspirational teacher of Technology. NQTs or experienced teachers looking to develop their careers are welcome to apply.
You will join an experienced team of subject specialists. Technology forms an integral part of the Year 7 and 8 curriculum with all students studying a range of disciplines.
When taking their options students have the opportunity to study from a range of Technology subjects including; Construction; Hospitality and Catering Level 1/2 Award; and BTEC Technical Award in Engineering. The faculty is keen to expand this offer with a view to re-introducing a qualification linked to the discipline of Graphics.
This is an opportunity to join a vibrant, experienced, cohesive and successful team. As a College our ambition is for students to achieve levels of success which surpass their expectations. The vision of the College is to achieve ‘Excellence as Standard’ which is to achieve: excellence in teaching and learning, excellence in the learning environment and excellence in ethos and enrichment.
We are looking for:
• A highly skilled flexible practitioner, we will consider applicants from any of the disciplines within the technology curriculum. The ability to be flexible in the subjects offered will be an advantage.
• The successful candidate will contribute to the teaching of at least two disciplines within the Technology area and would ideally be willing to develop the delivery of a graphics qualification
• Someone with high standards and expectations.
• Ideas and imagination to build on current good practice.
• A candidate who will embrace and add to a strong team ethos.
The post will provide excellent opportunities and preparation for career development in a College that values and supports its staff. We offer:
• A supportive and welcoming community of professionals who value and support its staff;
• Coaching for every member of staff;
• Excellent opportunities and preparation for career development;
• High qualify professional learning opportunities.
The College is committed to safeguarding children and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Further details and an application form are available from our website: under the Vacancies tab, or on request from the College via email or telephone.
For an informal discussion please contact Chris Potts, Assistant Headteacher on Extension 235.
Crookhorn College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.