Teacher of Textiles and Art
Required from September 2022
Full time - maternity cover
The Headteacher and governors are seeking to appoint a well-qualified and enthusiastic Teacher of Textiles and Art to join a forward thinking and thriving area of the school.
As the Textiles specialist you will teach Textiles at Key stage 3 as part of the Design & Technology curriculum, GCSE D&T Textiles and A Level Art (Textiles) along with the opportunity to teach Art to Key stage 3. Textiles and art are popular option choices and students achieve outstanding results at all Key stages.
The post may be suitable for a talented, newly qualified teacher with the relevant background or a more experienced member of staff.
Morriston Comprehensive School can offer:
- An ambitious and rapidly improving school, highly committed to developing and promoting Textiles and Art across the school.
- Excellent facilities and equipment.
- Your own specialist teaching room.
- Technician support.
- An aspirational, supportive Senior Leadership Team and Governing body;
- A 22 million pound state of the art learning environment; all rooms are equipped with interactive whiteboards, wifi connectivity and docking stations for staff laptops.
- Friendly, dedicated and well trained staff who are committed to doing their best for students every day;
- Innovative teachers, keen to network and take risks with new ideas and strategies;
- Opportunities to develop and grow your career in an environment that values and supports initiative and a growth mindset;
- A great location, within two minutes of junction 45 of the M4.
The application form and further information on the post are available from the school website. The CLOSING DATE for receipt of completed applications is 9.00am on Friday 1st July 2022 with interviews planned to be held wc 4th July 2022.
The successful applicant will be expected to undergo an enhanced disclosure check with the Disclosure and Barring Service prior to commencing employment, together with an employee health questionnaire.
Within Swansea Council there is a "Safeguarding is Everybody's Business" principle, and this applies to all Swansea Council employees, elected members, volunteers and contractors. Further details can be found at on our website: swansea.gov.uk/corporatesafeguarding
This post, due to its nature, duties and responsibilities, will be subject to an Enhanced Level DBS check. Should you have any queries in relation to this check by the DBS, please contact the Employee Services Helpdesk on 01792 636098, The Guildhall, Swansea or visit the DBS website www.homeoffice.gov.uk/agencies-public-bodies/dbs/
Please note that DBS certificates are not portable and disclosures processed outside of the City and County of Swansea will not be accepted.