Teacher – Craig Y Parc
At Craig Y Parc, we not only teach the young people we support, we inspire and guide them to embrace challenges and discover their strengths. We support 21 children with physical disabilities, learning disabilities, health and developmental needs, who we believe are in reach of their aspirations. That’s why we’re recruiting for an exceptional teacher/conductor as a member of our trans-disciplinary team.
With us, you’re not just a Teacher. You’re a supportive colleague, an ambitious education professional, a loyal role model, an experienced conductive education practitioner, a unique and transparent individual who provides engaging and meaningful healthcare support for our young people to flourish. In this role you will be expected to:
• Lead a Class, working collaboratively with other professionals in the class team and therapy.
• Be responsible for delivering lessons based on the school’s curriculum.
• Be responsible for the day to day implementation of agreed aims and programmes reflecting the ethos of the school, as a member of a trans-disciplinary team.
• The ability to deliver or work within the conductive education framework would be an advantage but is not essential
• Ensure pupil learning and progress.
Uses conductive education principles and practice to inform therapeutic input
• Maintain excellent standards of care & hygiene.
• Ensure health and safety.
• Ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
We’re committed to a work environment that embraces and promotes individuality and inclusion. As an equal opportunities employer we welcome applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life. We particularly welcome applications from individuals with disabilities.
We’re passionate about helping young people to achieve their aspirations. If you are too apply today to join our team. In return, you will receive:
• Bespoke specialist training.
• Life assurance scheme.
• Competitive salary.
• Established network of peer support.
• Comprehensive induction.
• Pension – Teachers Pension Scheme or Company as applicable.
• Perkbox – Discounts to High Street shops.
• Term time working.
• Employee support helpline.
The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check to promote the safe guarding and welfare of the young people we inspire.
Craig y Parc School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.