Required from September 2021
Start date: 1 September 2021
Starting Salary: Teacher with TLR M3 – U3 with TLR2c
Contract: Full time and permanent
Are you a great teacher who brings energy, enthusiasm and a sense of humour to a team?
Oasis Academy Long Cross is a very special and exciting place to be. We are a two form entry school, with a large Early Years Foundation Stage and a 35 place specialist resource base. In addition we have our health colleagues and a Children’s Centre onsite. Long Cross is a successful, caring and ambitious academy where children and staff flourish. We have a highly skilled and passionate staff team who are committed to providing the highest quality of education and care for every child. We are fully committed to providing exceptional education at the heart of our community.
We wish to appoint an excellent and committed KS1/KS2 class teacher to join our outstanding team. In addition, this post carries a leadership responsibility for a core Primary curriculum subject. The successful candidate will join our experienced leadership team to play a significant role in our on-going development of curriculum, teaching and learning. The postholder will be required to work strategically leading the subject as well as working alongside teachers to ensure our curriculum is effectively brought to life. In order to ensure the success of this role, the postholder will be given significant release time from class to fulfil the role.
This is a particularly exciting opportunity for an experienced teacher who is looking for a new challenge and the opportunity to influence the quality of education beyond their classroom.
We are looking for:
• An excellent classroom teacher with great interpersonal skills, uncompromisingly high expectations and the ability to work as part of a large team.
• A highly motivated and enthusiastic individual who will play a key role in our drive for continual improvement.
• The ability to contribute to the exciting development of our curriculum.
• Has a particular strength in building positive relationships with children, staff and parents/carers
• An individual who is committed to their own continuing professional development.
• Willingness to contribute to the wider life of the school.
• Someone who is fully committed going above and beyond to fulfil our role in supporting community transformation
Oasis Academy Long Cross is forward-looking school, with inspirational children who are sparky, well-behaved and eager to learn. They demonstrate a real pride in our Academy.
Applications are welcomed from experienced teachers. This post is not suitable for NQTs. A secondment would be considered for this post for the right candidate.
Please visit the school website for further information. We strongly encourage visits to our academy. Due to the current climate these will be held after school at 4pm from 17th to 20th May 2021. To arrange your visit please contact the Academy, details can be found on our website.
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for the successful applicants.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Please note that CVs will not be accepted.
Closing Date: Friday 21 May 2021 at 12pm
Interviews: Wednesday 26th May 2021