The governing body wish to appoint a skilled and highly motivated teacher to lead our Learning Resource Centre and to undertake the role of ALNCo at the school. The Learning Resource Centre is a twelve place Key Stage 2 complex needs unit for pupils with ASC, speech and language and behavioural and emotional needs.
The successful candidate will also join the leadership team of this vibrant school, opened in September 2016 in the popular and historic seaside town of Tenby. The successful candidate will work with the headteacher and staff to ensure excellent learning and teaching in our Key Stage 2 Learning Resource Centre, and to enhance provision and support for children with Additional Learning Needs across the school.
The school is based in the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park which offers a beautiful and varied environment in which to work and educate our pupils.
The successful candidate will need to have:
• A commitment to the faith foundation of the school and a vision for how values can impact on all aspects of school life
• A good understanding of / training or qualifications in specific aspects of ALN
• A track record of excellent practice in teaching and learning, with experience of teaching children with complex additional learning needs - particularly ASC, speech and language needs and behaviour and emotional needs.
• Experience/ a good understanding of the role of Additional Learning Needs Coordinator in a Primary School
• Leadership and management skills with experience in a primary school
• A clear understanding of current key national and local curriculum issues, including the new Curriculum for Wales
• A sense of vision, with the energy and commitment to develop ALN provision in the Learning Resource Centre and across the school, ensuring the highest standards of achievement and inclusion for all pupils
• The ability to build and lead teams and work successfully in partnership with staff, parents and other agencies
• A good understanding of the latest developments in school effectiveness, inclusion and wellbeing
• An understanding of and experience with the new ALN code of practice
• A commitment to promote and continue to develop extracurricular activities and experiences.
Tenby Church In Wales Voluntary Controlled School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.