Ellesmere College is a large, aspirational special school located in the City of Leicester
Ellesmere College provides education for up to 426 children and young people, from 4 to 19 years, with a range of moderate to complex learning difficulties.
This is a very exciting time for Ellesmere College as we are expanding from 1 site to 3 sites spread across the city. Our new sites will provide bespoke educational opportunities for our Post-16 students and our students with the most complex needs, in particular those with communication and interaction difficulties including complex autism.
We are seeking to appoint an inspirational, flexible, enthusiastic, committed and self motivated group of staff who have an innovative and creative approach to their teaching which ensures children and young people who have a range of special educational needs achieve the best possible learning outcomes. We are looking for the best as we continue our journey towards outstanding.
- Is a supportive and friendly environment committed to staff and student wellbeing.
- Offers a high quality professional development programme.
- Has a committed and enthusiastic staff and governor team.
- Is a school where partnerships with home and other agencies are seen as vital in supporting individual students to achieve their full potential.
- Is a place where excellence is the norm.
TEACHERS—MPS + SEN1
Starting 23rd August 2021
We are looking to appoint inspirational teachers and cover teachers, to join us in the exciting expansion of Ellesmere College. We have vacancies in all key stages of the school, and posts are offered on a permanent basis. There may also be a possibility of TLR posts for suitable candidates, as listed below:-
Knighton Fields TLR Opportunities
Candidates will need the following experience and qualities:-
- Experience of teaching at a special school setting
- Evidence of being an excellent classroom teacher
- Ambition to teach special education to the highest level
Please state on your supporting letter which key stage you would like to work in, whether you have any preference to being classroom based or cover and any TLR posts you are interested in.
Closing Date for Applications: 20th May 2021 at 9am
Interview Dates: 24th—28th May 2021.
How to Apply: Through the E-teach web-site. Please also submit a supporting letter of no more than 2 sides of A4, explaining why you are the right person for the post.
Ellesmere College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to adhere to this commitment. Applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check.