Howardian Primary School
Hammond Way, Penylan, Cardiff CF23 9NB
KS2 Teachers X 3 Posts
Post Number ED50265017
Starting Thursday 2nd September 2021
MPS Pay scale
Closing Date Friday 26th March 2021 by 12pm
‘The school is a caring and inclusive community with strong levels of respect, trust and co-operation between staff, pupils and parents.’ Estyn July 2019
We are a new and growing school in Cardiff. Currently we have Nursery to Year 5 pupils and will be welcoming our first Year 6 cohort in September 2021. This is an exciting opportunity for three permanent KS2 teachers to help shape and develop the school as it grows.
At the beginning of September 2018 we moved into our brand new school and it's really important to us that our new teachers share our commitment to making it a real Community School. Our children all live locally and come from many nationalities. Parents are very supportive of our school and we have incredibly enthusiastic and dedicated staff. Our Estyn Inspection July 2019 said: ‘There is a strong team ethos. All members of staff feel valued and work together well.’
The Headteacher and Governors are seeking to appoint three permanent, hardworking and enthusiastic teachers to work in the first instance within KS2 in our growing school. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
• Excellent learning and teaching in KS2
• A strong commitment to continuing professional development
• An excellent team ethos and desire to further develop leadership skills
If you are a teacher with these qualities, attributes and skills we offer you:
• the opportunity to work in a school where ‘all stakeholders, including pupils, feel a strong sense of pride and ownership in their school’
• a wide range of exciting opportunities for continuing professional development and creating the new curriculum for Wales in our school
• motivated, confident pupils who have a very positive attitude to school and learning
• supportive governors and parents
These posts are subject to Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service
These vacancies are suitable for post share.
Please download or print off the application form by selecting the “Apply Now” button.
Due to our current interim working arrangements, we are unable to provide recruitment packs through the post.
Completed application forms should be returned direct to the school by the closing date.
Applications should be emailed to Louise Curran
Closing Date: Friday 26th March 2021 @ 12 noon
Shortlisting: W/B: 5th April
Interviews and teaching observations:
Starting date: Thursday 2nd September 2021
Due to the current COVID -19 circumstances the interview process for this role maybe held on a virtual basis using an appropriate online platform. If you have any concerns around your ability to participate in a virtual interview process please contact Louise Curran for a discussion.
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for the Council. We aim to support children and vulnerable adults to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. Our services and schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable adults, and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children and vulnerable adults have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of the Council and all schools.
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity. Therefore, although not a requirement for application, we welcome and encourage applications from underrepresented individuals including those:
• aged under 25;
• not in employment, education or training;
• from our local communities including in particular disabled individuals, carers and those from the Cardiff BAME and LGBT+ communities;
• ability to communicate fluently in Welsh.