An exciting opportunity has arisen within our nursery team, for a strong candidate to support teaching and learning at Preston Park Primary School in Wembley. This role is varied, and we are looking for an adaptable, flexible and resourceful individual able to cope in a high-pressure environment and deal with constantly changing priorities. The successful candidate will work within our nursery and will be dealing with children as young as 2 years old.
- Working with a wide range of class teachers to deliver excellent teaching and learning.
- Coaching children on a 1:1 or group basis.
- Accompanying groups on trips.
- Working with the teacher to create stimulating classroom displays and learning resources
- Maintaining a safe and positive environment for all learners
- Creating opportunities for all learners to reach their potential, irrespective of ability or age
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Flexible, term-time hours
- The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment in this well run and respected school.
- Good opportunities for personal and career development.
- Pension Scheme.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above or equivalent qualifications.
- NVQ Level 2 for teaching assistants or is able to demonstrate an equivalent level of attainment through relevant experience.
- Previous childcare experience.
- a proven ability to work on their own initiative.
- a high level of communication skills and the ability to relate positively to children and adults.
- the ability to use relevant technology/equipment.
- a can-do attitude.
- a commitment to the happiness well-being, self-esteem and progress of everyone at the school.
Visits to the school are welcomed, please call Jayashri Varsani on the school number to arrange your visit. Applications can only be accepted via Brent's application form, CV's will not be accepted).
Salary: Scale 2 points 3-4 £18,065.00 - £18,426.00 plus London Weighting £1925.00 paid pro rata
Pro rata/Actual Salary: £15436.00 - £15,715.00 including London Weighting
Hours: 32.5 hours, term time only
Closing Date: Monday 1st July 2019 12:00 noon
Interview Date: to be confirmed
Start Date: September 2019
Brent schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Successful applicants will be required to undergo a DBS check.
Preston Park Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful candidate must be able to satisfy an enhanced disclosure check with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)