Full time Teaching and Learning Assistant required as soon as possible
Salary range £21,408 - £22,185 (pro rata)
We are a popular and welcoming four form entry junior school. No day is ever the same with our 480 pupils, 62% of whom are EAL and we celebrate our diversity.
We are looking for an experienced Teaching and Learning Assistant to support a KS2 student (one to one) with social, emotional and behaviour challenges. An understanding of how to support a child with ASD effectively is essential for this role. The hours of work will be 8.30- 3.30 p.m. daily. The successful candidate must have relevant qualifications and experience in a similar role. Salary will be Scale C (point depending on experience). This role will be offered for the duration of the child’s attendance at our school and will be reviewed in the event of the child’s early departure (details to be discussed at the interview).
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful candidate will be required to carry out an enhanced DBS check.
This position could begin as soon as possible, and no later than 18th January 2021.
We are looking for someone:
• With an understanding for vulnerable children with challenging behaviour and who is robust and resilient.
• Who has an empathetic approach yet be firm and fair.
• With experience of working with children who have social and emotional difficulties.
• Who has experience working with junior aged children (further qualifications an advantage i.e. NNEB or NVQ Level 3).
• Able to work as part of a team, building positive relationships with pupils, parents /carers, staff.
• Who has high expectations of pupil’s achievements regarding learning, independence and behaviour.
• Able to show initiative and be prepared to take responsibility for individual children or a small group.
In return we can offer:
• Motivated, enthusiastic and welcoming staff.
• Supportive parents & Governors.
• Well-resourced classrooms.
• Excellent training opportunities.
Further details and an application pack can be obtained from our school website.
Closing date for applications: 09th December 2020 at 12 noon.
Interviews will be held on: 15th December 2020 (times t.b.c)
At Burlington we provide a warm, stimulating, welcoming environment which gives a secure foundation for all children to become happy, confident, caring individuals who achieve personal success and develop a lifelong love of learning.