SEN Teaching Assistant – The Rise School
Permanent, Term Time only
37.5 hours per week, 8:00am – 16:00pm
Salary Point 4 of the Rise TLA pay scale £17,861.27 (Actual)
Are you an exceptional, creative practitioner who really wants to make a difference to the everyday lives of the most wonderful children?
Come and join our team! The Rise School is an Ofsted ‘Good’ registered for pupils with autism aged 4-18 years and at full capacity has 130 pupils in primary and secondary education.
At The Rise School, our Teaching and Learning Assistants combine's teaching and learning with a positive behaviour support approach.
Your role as a teaching and learning assistant:
• Providing person centred, day to day support, delivering 1:1, paired and small group teaching, and pupil sessions using Positive Behaviour Support (PBS).
• Supervise and support our pupils to engage in community-based learning and educational visits.
• Use your creativity daily to support lesson plans through preparing materials and resources.
• Support our pupils to develop crucial life skills, meet their goals and aspirations through communication, independence and participation.
We are looking for empathetic and adaptable individuals, who thrive under pressure and have a natural ability to solve challenges. You will also need physical and emotional resilience to work with young people with a primary diagnosis of Autism, some of whom have other complex needs. You will be keen to use our positive behavioural approach, have a commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
Why join us?
• We are committed to CPD, where you can access a wide range of training and development opportunities to support your personal and professional development
• A wide range of wellbeing activities including yoga, cooking classes and zumba
• Competitive annual salary and pension scheme
• Employee Assistance Programme, to help you balance your work, family and personal life
• Free Perkbox subscription offering benefits of particular services at reduced costs
To apply please complete our application form and email to Linda Burn, Office Manager at The Rise School
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 8th December 2021 12 noon, interviews will take place on Monday 13th December 2021.
We are particularly keen to hear from graduates that see a TLA role as the first step to a career in teaching either mainstream or special. We are part of the West London Teaching School Alliance (WLTSA) and have a strong track record of training primary and secondary teachers in partnership with St Mary's university. There are a number of funding options available to support this. We are happy to provide further details in advance or at interview.
Ambitious about Autism is fully committed to equality of opportunity and diversity and we warmly welcome applications from all suitably-qualified candidates. We welcome applications regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, disability, or age. All applications will be considered solely on merit.
Ambitious about Autism is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
The Rise School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. It expects all staff to share this commitment and the successful applicant will be required to undertake a Disclosure Barring Service check (DBS).
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.