Teaching and Learning Support Assistant
Department: Academy Schools
Division: Ocean Academy, Poole
Salary details: Point 5-6 NJC Actual salary £7787.62-7943.27 (£19,312-£19,698 FTE)
Employment Status: Part time (Term Time only)
Hours: 8.30-12.00pm (17.5 hours)
Contract Type: Permanent
Closing date: 12 noon 11th October 2021
Interview date: 19th October 2021
Contact detail : Jane Burry (Office Manager)
We are looking for an adaptable and hardworking person to work as a Teaching and Learning Support Assistant.
The roles and responsibilities of a Teaching and Leaning Support Assistant at Ocean Academy are fluid in response to the needs of the academy and the children.
The successful candidate will ideally have experience of working with KS2 children, have a minimum of NVQ Level 2 qualification, have experience of supporting children with SEND or a classroom based support role, be self- motivated and have a flexible approach.
If you think you can make a strong contribution to the education of our children & enjoy working in a respected and supportive team, please apply.
The successful candidate will:
• Have a minimum of NVQ Level 2 qualification (essential)
• Have a professional manner and can use their initiative
• Be enthusiastic and have a friendly approach
• Have excellent written and verbal English and maths skills
• Have experience of working with children with SEND
• Be punctual and reliable
• Adhere to the professional standards for teaching assistants
• Promote the ethos of the school and not behave in a way that will disadvantage the school
We can offer :
• A supportive team and vibrant professional community
• A positive school culture which believes in collaborative leadership
• A commitment to continuing professional development
• Energetic and enthusiastic high attaining pupils where inclusion thrives
• A supportive ethos based around the Aspirations core principles and conditions for learning
Please contact our office manager Jane Burry by email if you have any questions about this role. Full post details including job description and personal specification are also available on the school website. Applications are to be placed vie Eteach.
Ocean Academy and Aspirations are committed to children’s safety and safeguarding; DBS disclosure requirements will apply to this post. View our Child Protection Policy on the school website. Aspirations Academies Trust and Ocean Academy Poole are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share and demonstrate this commitment.
The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate that they meet the essential elements of the person specification and will be subject to pre-employment checks including a health check, and Enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
Ocean Academy Poole is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.