One to One Teaching Assistant
B1 grade ( scp 4-6 ) : 30 hrs hours per week 8.45am - 3.15pm (half hr lunch)
Term time only.
Start date January 2021
Initially temporary to July 2021 (to be reviewed in the Summer term)
CLOSES Monday 4th January 2021, 12noon
We are a large, successful, forward thinking community school with a great staff team and fantastic children and community. We need a one to one teaching assistant who is enthusiastic and has the ability and confidence to work with a very young high needs autistic child.
The successful candidate will:
• Be a confident role model with excellent speaking and listening skills
• Be knowledgeable about confident supporting children with autism.
• Really enjoy working with SEND children and be able to form positive relationships with children and adults
• Be enthusiastic, resilient and hard working
• Work effectively as part of a team
• Be a confident and competent IT user- including the ability to use Early Years Tapestry system.
• Be knowledgeable about early years practice and the curriculum.
• Have a growth mindset and positive outlook in their work and manner,
• Have an understanding of strategies to support children with complex needs such as intensive interaction, objects of reference, sensory provision.
The closing date is Monday 4th January @ 12 noon and interviews are expected to take place Monday 11th January 2021
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. The details of the DBS Code of Conduct can be found in the how to apply section. . We promote diversity and want a workforce which reflects the population of Leeds.
Southroyd Primary and Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.