LEVEL 2 TEACHING ASSISTANT
• Part - time (20 hours per week – term time only)
• Temporary 1-year contract (pending successful probationary period)
• Required as soon as possible
• Salary Grade 2 - £18,065 to £19,945 pro rata (dependent on experience)
‘Behaviour of pupils is outstanding’ – Ofsted June 2018
Section 48 RE Inspection – Overall Effectiveness Outstanding Nov 2018
The Governors of this successful and popular school wish to appoint an enthusiastic, motivated and experienced Teaching Assistant/Learning Support Assistant who is passionate in supporting pupils with learning and who has high expectations of pupil achievement and behaviour.
This is a temporary part-time position beginning as soon as possible. Starting Salary dependent on the level and experience of the successful candidate.
We are looking for someone who:
• Has a firm commitment to the Catholic ethos of the school
• Is an excellent Teaching Assistant with an ability to raise the attainment of all children
• Has experience of being a Teaching Assistant in Early Years Foundation Stage and/ or across the school
• Has excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and can demonstrate effective teamwork/collaboration as part of a close hard working team
• Is willing to build strong and supportive relationships with pupils, parents, support agencies, governors and staff
• Will become fully involved in the wider life of the school
We can offer you:
• A happy, caring school with a strong Catholic ethos
• A supportive Governing Body and Senior Management Team who are committed to maintaining high standards
• Children who love to come to school, are engaged in their learning and have excellent behaviour
• An opportunity to join a highly effective and hardworking team of teachers and support staff who are committed to the school and the children who come here
• Excellent opportunities for professional development
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Visits to the school are strongly recommended.
Closing Date for Applications: Friday 20th September
Shortlisting: Tuesday 24th September
Interviews: Thursday 3rd October
SS John & Monica’s Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff are expected to share this commitment. All appointments made will be subject to receipt of satisfactory references, receipt of an enhanced DBS Check and the necessary identity and right to work checks being made.
All short listed candidates will have to provide relevant information in line with our Safeguarding policy and the successful applicant will undertake an enhanced Criminal Records check by the DBS