Level 2 ASD Resource Base Teaching Assistant
Required from November 2019
One Year Fixed Term Contract in the first instance, Term Time Only
Working Hours: 26.5 hours per week,
Salary Scale: Grade 4 Points 5 to 7.
Starting Salary: £11168.75
Bricknell Primary School is looking to appoint an experienced teaching assistant for September 2019 to provide support for pupils with special educational needs and disabilities within our Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD) Resourced Base Provision. The role will also involve working as key worker for a child who experiences difficulties related to ASD/attachment disorder.
The candidate must have empathy for pupils with additional needs, with the ability to build and maintain positive relationships. Our school requires the candidate to be flexible, creative and have a sound knowledge of behaviour management strategies, including responding at an early level of difficulty. The candidate will be required to work well in an established team, working reflectively on a daily basis to modify and adapt practice according to pupils’ needs
The successful, well-qualified candidate will:
• have successful experience of working within children with ASD/attachment disorder.
• have knowledge/experience of working with pupils with ASD/attachment disorder.
• have an understanding of the social and emotional development of children.
• have a fun, positive and proactive approach to supporting pupils with complex needs.
• have high expectations of pupil achievement and a commitment to supporting the holistic development of each child.
• possess good communication skills with pupils and staff alike
• willing to undertake CPD to meet the needs of specific pupils
• be a team player with a positive outlook
• be driven by the needs of our pupils
• have an ability to work in partnership with pupils, parents, staff and governors
Visits to the school to discuss the position in more detail are welcome. Please contact the school office to arrange a visit or to discuss the post.
Ofsted judged Bricknell Primary School to be an "Outstanding" school in April 2015.
Bricknell Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Appointment to this post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring and background check and Childcare Disqualification Check.
Closing Date: Monday 4th November 9am
Interview date: To be confirmed
Bricknell Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.