GLPC Grade C £18,110 - £18,768 (Actual salary)
36 hours per week non-negotiable, term time only plus INSET days
8.15am – 4pm with lunchbreak
Required as soon as possible
Fixed term role to 31st August 2020 – with the possibility of extension.
Are you passionate about making a difference? Would you like to be part of our drive to inspire our school community to be aspirational, ambitious and to “dream big”? Do you believe in the relentless pursuit of excellence?
We are looking for a very special Teaching Assistant to join our Inclusion Team for the next academic year.
The successful candidate needs to be able to: demonstrate consistently excellent, inclusive practice for children with a wide range of Special Educational Needs; a clear understanding the Principles of Nurture: and the social and emotional aspects of learning.
The role will include:
• Working with children across the school with a focus on emotional wellbeing and readiness to learn
• Running inclusion and nurture sessions in small groups or as 1:1 in a planned response to needs and also to needs arising
• Working with parents, carers and other professionals to meet the wider needs of the family
You need to be able to:
• Work flexibly and confidently with children with a wide range of social, emotional, and mental health needs as well as those with wide ranging SEND
• Demonstrate a passion for learning and inclusion
• Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills to engage and motivate children and families with complex needs
• Be solution focussed and emotionally resilient in highly emotive and unpredictable situations
• Demonstrate an understanding of child development
• Be committed to our nurturing ethos in order to grow confident and happy learners
The successful TA will be experienced in working with children with a wide range of SEMH needs and their families. They will be confident in working with professionals from other agencies. They will have outstanding practice in their current position, and demonstrate the ability to support others in the future.
The TA will work within our existing Inclusion Team, under the direction of the Nurture Lead and Inclusion Lead. They will support the implementation of exciting, innovative strategies and interventions that will engage pupils and have a significant impact on progress. They will help ensure provision closely matches the needs of each individual.
King Athelstan is a happy and diverse community school working to improve educational outcomes and opportunities for children from the local community. We have 2 Year Old Provision, a Children’s Centre on site and Extended School provision in line with our vision of “Inspiring Excellence.” We offer a happy, dedicated and very supportive staff team and we provide excellent professional development opportunities. We work hard to put children’s welfare and happiness at the heart of everything we do.
Visits to the school are essential. Please email the school office to make an appointment which will be checked periodically throughout the school holidays.
Closing Date - Monday 9th September at 9am
Tasks and Interviews - week commencing Monday 9th September 2019
King Athelstan Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All posts will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.