Teaching Assistant - One to One Support
High View Primary School, part of the Sutton Education Trust, is looking to appoint a Teaching Assistant to support child/ren with ASD and to join our enthusiastic, committed and professional team. Previous experience of working with children with autism is essential.
The position is to start from January 2020 working over a total of 39 weeks per year, term time plus 5 INSET days. The FTE salary starts at £22,185. Pro Rata is £17,094.85 for 32.5 hours and the working hours are 8.30am - 3.30pm with a 30 minute lunch break Monday to Friday.
As funding is attached to particular child/ren the role(s) will end if the funding is withdrawn or the child/ren leave High View Primary.
We are looking for someone who:
- is able to form good relationships with children and work in partnerships with parents, colleagues and other professionals
- has experience of working with children with ASD
- able to provide focused one to one support
- able to record children's progress and achievements
- an excellent communicator who works well in a team
- Level 2/3 NVQ Teaching Assistant or equivalent and competent in IT.
You will join a friendly, supportive and hard working team. Socially distance visits to the school are available - please call to arrange a tour.
Closing Date: Midnight Sunday 29th November 2020
Interview: Monday 7th and Tuesday 8th December 2020
High View Primary School and the local authority are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and vulnerable and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS Certificate along with a signed Disqualification by Association is required for this post prior to commencement.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.