TEACHING ASSISTANT – SEMH and Nurture
Fixed term until 25/2/22 (will be extended if funding allows) 36.25 hours per week, term time only to start in September 2021.
VTG8, SP22-25 starting salary £22,086 per annum, pro rata (actual starting salary £18,508 per annum) + Health Care Cash Plan and Benefits Package
Venturers Trust is an emerging Multi Academy Trust based in Bristol formed through the merger of CGS Trust and Merchants’ Academy Trust in September 2017. Comprising Primary, Secondary, all-age schools and a Special school the Trust has 3,200 pupils and 700 staff.
The Trust is sponsored by the Society of Merchant Venturers and the University of Bristol. Both sponsors seek to ensure that all our young people receive a truly inspiring education. Their support, challenge and expertise are greatly valued.
The Dolphin School is looking to appoint a Nurture Teaching Assistant to join their brilliant staff team. We are looking for someone to work across a nurture room and in class to support a child with SEMH needs. The nurture room is a new venture for us, and we would want someone who would like an input into setting it up.
The working hours will be 8am to 4pm with 45 mins worth of breaks, this allows for planning time before and after school.
We can offer you a fantastic school team who care passionately about the community they serve. We are based in a new building close to the center of Bristol. The school is on main bus routes and near a train station. Please email the school, look on our website or twitter feed to find out more information.
The successful candidate will have:
• GCSEs at Grade C or above in English and maths (or equivalent qualifications).
• NVQ Level 3 or equivalent relevant to a Teaching Assistant role
• A Proficiency in improving basic numeracy and literacy with specialist skills in literacy that will enable you to work with targeted individuals.
• Experience of working effectively supporting children in a learning environment.
• Understanding of principles of child development and learning processes and barriers to learning.
• Experience of working with SEN/SEMH children and the strategies that support the core National Occupational Standards for Supporting Teaching and Learning standards are relevant to this role
In return you will have every opportunity to further your professional development and career with an excellent benefit package including; Wellbeing Health Cash Plan, Retail Discounts, ICT Loans, Professional Induction Incentive plus others.
Closing date: Monday 16th August 2021 at 9:00. Interviews: Tuesday 31st August 2021
The Dolphin School is part of Venturers Trust and is committed to
equality, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people
and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS
check is required for all staff.