Teaching Assistant - Level 3
Permanent contract, Full & Part time, Term Time Only.
Foxwood Academy is an all age area special school for over 100 pupils aged 3-19 who exhibit a wide range of special educational needs and disabilities. Foxwood Academy is a ‘Good’ school as judged by OfSTED in October 2017 with a rigorous and ambitious plan to move to Outstanding at our next inspection. Foxwood Academy has a highly skilled team of professionals who are wholly committed to achieving the very best outcomes for all of its students.
We are looking for individuals with a genuine passion for working with students who have a range of special educational needs especially those with needs that are more complex. Applicants should passionately believe that it is the right of every child to make outstanding progress and that every child has a right celebrate their achievements, be an individual, be aspirational and be equal.
Academy pay range of Point 5-7 (£16,807 - £17,486). FTE range is £19,650 - £20,444 pa
(Pay scales under review from Sept 2022)
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting learning programmes for students with complex needs, more detail is available in the attached job description.
Hours of work are 8:30 am - 16:30 pm Monday - Thursday and until 16:00 pm on Friday. Part time will be considered.
Foxwood Academy places the very highest priority on safeguarding the safety and welfare of children and expects all staff to uphold this view. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and further checks required in line with the DfE Keeping Children Safe in Education guidance.
Foxwood Academy is an equality of opportunity employer and encourages applications from all members of the community particularly those from ethnic minority groups who are under-represented at this time.
1) Promote the Academy values.
2) Supervising and provide support for pupils, including those with special needs, ensuring their safety and access to learning.
3) Planning and providing practical assistance in relation to identified physical needs
4) Assisting with the development and implementation of Individual Education/Behaviour Plans, EHCP and Personal Care programmes
5) Establishing a constructive relationship with pupils and interacting with them according to individual needs
6) Supporting with the teaching of reading
7) Encouraging pupils to interact with others and engage in activities led by the teacher
8) Setting challenging and demanding expectations and promoting self-esteem and independence
9) Providing feedback to pupils in relation to progress and achievement under guidance of the teacher
10) Creating and maintaining a purposeful, orderly, and supportive environment, in accordance with lesson plans and assist with the display of pupils’ work
11) Using strategies, in liaison with the teacher, to support pupils to achieve learning goals
12) Assisting with the planning of learning activities
13) Monitoring pupils’ responses to learning activities and accurately recording achievements/progress as directed
14) Providing detailed and regular feedback to teachers on pupil’s achievement, progress, problems etc.
15) Promoting good pupil behaviour, dealing promptly with conflict and incidents in line with established policy and encouraging Pupils to take responsibility for their own behaviour
16) Establishing constructive relationships with parents/carers
17) Administering routine tests and invigilating exams and undertaking routine marking of pupils’ work
18) Working with and acting upon guidance provided by teachers and other professionals such as Inclusion Services, Speech Therapists, Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Moving and Handling Specialists
19) Providing clerical/admin support e.g. photocopying, typing, filing, money, administer coursework etc
20) Assisting the teaching staff in the smooth transition between educational phases
21) Undertaking structured and agreed learning activities/teaching programmes, adjusting activities according to pupil responses
22) Supporting the use of ICT in learning activities and developing pupils’ competence and independence in its use
23) Preparing, maintaining and using equipment/resources required to meet the lesson plans/relevant learning activity and assisting pupils in their use
24) Assisting with the supervision of pupils out of lesson times, including before and after school and at lunchtimes
25) Accompanying teaching staff and pupils on visits, trips and out of school activities as required and taking responsibility for a group under the supervision of the teacher
26) Administering medication when and where necessary
We will offer you:
- Training and CPD to suit your individual training requirements
- A committed, friendly, welcoming and supportive staff team
Closing date for all applications is 10am on the 31st August 2022.
Interviews expected to take place W/C 5th September 2022.
Foxwood Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under-represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.