An exciting opportunity has arisen for a strong candidate to support teaching and learning at Rowlatts Mead Primary Academy in Leicester. This role is varied, and we are looking for an adaptable, flexible and resourceful individual able to cope in a high-pressure environment and deal with constantly changing priorities. It is primarily supporting a child who used breathing apparatus on a daily basis one to one.
- Working with Year 1 class teachers to deliver excellent teaching and learning.
- Coaching a child on a 1:1 or sometimes group basis.
- Accompanying the child on trips.
- Supporting assessment and evidencing learning
- Working with the teacher to create stimulating classroom displays and learning resources
- Maintaining a safe and positive environment for all learners
- Creating opportunities for all learners to reach their potential, irrespective of ability
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Term-time hours
- The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment in this well run and respected school.
- Good opportunities for personal and career development.
- Pension Scheme.
- Employee benefits such as childcare vouchers and retail discounts.
- Access to gym and free access to employee assistance programme.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Previous experience working in a school.
- a proven ability to work on their own initiative.
- a high level of communication skills and the ability to relate positively to children and adults.
- the ability to use relevant technology/equipment.
- a can-do attitude.
- a commitment to the happiness well-being, self-esteem and progress of everyone at the school.
Find out more about this exciting opportunity by visiting our career page and school website.
Closing date for applications : 9am Tuesday 7th January 2020
Interviews : Monday 13th January 2020
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment checks, such as an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check. Applicants who will be undertaking early and/or later years childcare (or the management of such childcare) will be required to complete a declaration that neither they, nor anyone who lives in the same household, is a disqualified person under the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009.