Pen y Bryn Primary School
Dunster Road, Llanrumney, Cardiff, CF3 5TP
Teaching Assistant 1:1 Support (Temporary)
Grade 3 Spinal Points 3-6
(30 hours per week - £18,065 - £19,171 per annum)
Post Reference : ED50011561
Required: 27th January 2020
The Governors at Pen y Bryn Primary School require a committed and highly motivated Teaching Assistant to work full time within a successful Foundation Phase team. We are looking for a pro-active, enthusiastic practitioner who is able to work using his or her own initiative with a good sense of fun. An interest in working with families is essential. The post is initially for one year.
We are looking for someone who is:
• energetic and enthusiastic
• able to use their initiative
• committed to high quality Nursery education
• a good communicator and listener
• knowledgeable about the Foundation Phase and has a clear understanding of how young children learn
• able to develop positive relationships with pupils, colleagues, parents and governors and demonstrate excellent communication skills
• committed to developing Inclusion and equality of learning
• an excellent teaching assistant with proven experience of working with pupils individually and in small groups
• able to work enthusiastically as part of a supportive team and have high expectations of themselves and others.
• flexible and work across a range of year groups.
• able to carry out basic computer skills and undertake some clerical duties.
The successful candidate will be able to work well in a team, have good interpersonal and communication skills and be able to establish good working relationships.
Under the Education (Wales) Act 2014, all School Learning Support Workers will need to be registered with the Education Workforce Council (EWC).
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
This vacancy is suitable for post share.
Applications should be completed in full and returned to Mr. C Bowen, Headteacher, by the closing date of January 6th (12pm).
Shortlisted candidates will be notified by Tuesday January 7th 2020
Interviews will take place: Friday January 10th. (10 minute planned activity and interview).
Internal candidates who wish to apply for this position on a secondment basis must obtain approval prior to application using Form SEC1 (4.C.081). Requests may only be approved by the relevant Chief Officer or senior nominated officer graded no lower than OM2 or in the case of schools based staff the Headteacher / Governing Body.
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for the Council. We aim to support children and vulnerable adults to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. Our services and schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable adults, and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children and vulnerable adults have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of the Council and all schools.
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity. Therefore, although not a requirement for application, we welcome and encourage applications from underrepresented individuals including those:
• aged under 25;
• not in employment, education or training;
• from our local communities including in particular disabled individuals, carers and those from the Cardiff BAME and LGBT+ communities;
• ability to communicate fluently in Welsh.
Please download or print off the application form by selecting the “Apply Now” button.