Part-time Teaching Assistant at our Specialist Resource Base (Autism) required to start as soon as possible
Salary NJC Scale D/E (pro rata)
31 hours per week, term time plus one week
Salary range Scale D point 14 £17,681 to Scale E point 21 £20,541 (Pro rata)
Fixed term contract until 31 August 2019 in the first instance
We are looking for an enthusiastic and flexible colleague to provide in-class support for our students in line with their Special Educational Needs. You will be joining a small team and will work across a wide variety of subject areas demonstrating a commitment to helping our students make good progress.
We would be delighted to hear from you if you have:
- A good secondary education and/or degree
- Good ICT and organisational skills
- The ability to relate to and motivate young people
- Flexibility and the ability to react quickly to changing daily routines
- The desire to make a real difference to young people’s life chances
- Previous experience of working with young people would be desirable
Benefiting from a landmark building, Open Academy is a popular, thriving, oversubscribed academy.
Open Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to relevant checks in line with Safer Recruitment and Safeguarding procedures.
For further information and an application form, please visit our website.
Closing date for applications: Monday 25th February at 9am
Interviews: Friday 1st March 2019
Please complete the attached application form. CVs will not be considered.