An exciting opportunity has arisen for a strong candidate to support teaching and learning at Akaal Primary School in Derby. This role is varied, and we are looking for an adaptable, flexible and resourceful individual able to cope in a high-pressure environment and deal with constantly changing priorities.
- 1:1 support (Yr4) - mornings
- Working with the Reception class teacher to deliver excellent teaching and learning - Afternoons
- Accompanying groups on trips.
- Supporting assessment and evidencing learning
- Working with the teacher to create stimulating classroom displays and learning resources
- Maintaining a safe and positive environment for all learners
- Creating opportunities for all learners to reach their potential, irrespective of ability
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Term-time hours
- Specific and appropriate training
- The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment in this well run and respected school.
- Good opportunities for personal and career development.
- Pension Scheme
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above.
- Minimum NVQ Level 3 Teaching Assistant or appropriate equivalent.
- Knowledge of a range of Primary year groups.
- Experience of working with children with Attachment Disorder, Spectrum conditions or other SEND support
- a proven ability to work on their own initiative.
- a high level of communication skills and the ability to relate positively to children and adults.
- the ability to use relevant technology/equipment.
- a can-do attitude.
- a commitment to the happiness well-being, self-esteem and progress of everyone at the school.
We welcome visits from prospective candidates.
Akaal Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.