NORTHMEAD JUNIOR SCHOOL is looking to recruit an enthusiastic Teaching Assistant
Hours 08.30 - 12:45 daily
Required from 23rd April 2019
This is a fixed term contract for 1 year
Key tasks (under the direction of the Class Teacher)
- Assist in the preparation of the classroom for the activities planned
- organise and check materials
- Undertake specific tasks with individuals or small groups of children
- contribute, where appropriate, to any discussion of pupils needs and progress
- Pupil welfare
- Controlling pupil activities and behaviour
- Participate in any relevant staff development activities.
- Assist in meeting the children's needs for encouragement and reassurance.
- Encourage pupils self help at all times.
- Undertake some of the more routine time consuming activities, e.g. photocopying , mounting work for display, contributing to the displaying of children's work and checking Home Reading Records
- Minor first aid.
The above activities help by creating more actual teaching time for the class teacher.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.