We are looking to employ a Teaching Assistant to work at our happy and successful prep school in West London from September 2019.
Ravenscourt Park Preparatory School is a successful IAPS Preparatory School in West London providing education of the highest quality for 420 boys and girls aged from 4 to 11 years. This is an exciting opportunity for you to join our happy, friendly and forward-thinking school that is fully committed to striving for the best in our pupils. The successful applicant will join an excellent team of committed professionals and will ideally have experience working with children in the primary phase, either in a professional or voluntary capacity.
Ravenscourt Park Preparatory School was last inspected by ISI in March 2016 and received the grade of ‘excellent’ in all categories. In February 2019, ISI conducted a compliance inspection and the School was found to be fully compliant with the regulatory requirements.
Our Teaching Assistant will:
Assist Class Teachers as directed by the Head and the Head of Section
- Work as a team with fellow teachers
- Follow the school code of conduct
- Promote and safeguard the welfare the pupils maintaining a constant awareness of all issues relating to child protection
- Follow the school’s policy on emails and internet use
- Listen to children read and change books
- Support literacy and numeracy in the classroom
- Help maintain the library and reading books
- Take small groups of children to help with areas of the curriculum
- Share playground supervision during break times
- To occasionally take the whole class as directed by the class teacher and agreed by the Head of Section
- Give basic First Aid to minor injuries
- Attend Section and Staff meetings when required
- Undertake such duties as might be reasonably requested by the Head and/or Head of Section
- Assist with clubs as required
- Assist with Morning Care as required
- Normal hours: 8am - 4pm except on club and meeting days (8 am - 4.45 pm)
Previous experience working with children of Primary school age, either in a professional or voluntary capacity
- An inspirational, committed and highly effective educational practitioner, dedicated to achieving the best outcome for every individual child both inside and outside the classroom.
- An outstanding outlook towards the pastoral care of children.
- Well organised, with good time management skills.
- The ability to work well within a team while promoting the best interests of the school.
- Be committed to the protection and safeguarding of children.
- Be committed to the personal development of pupils and be driven to attain and maintain our ethos.
- Maintain appropriate levels of personal presentation and professional conduct.
Closing date: Friday 24th May 2019
Ravenscourt Park Preparatory School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applications will be subject to checks with past employer and an enhanced check with the Disclosure and Barring Service. Our safeguarding and safer recruitment policies can be found on our school website.
Ravenscourt Park Preparatory School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applications will be subject to checks with past employer and an enhanced check with the Disclosure and Barring Service. Our safeguarding and safer recruitment policies can be found on our website.