Teaching Assistant – 32.5 hours per week Temporary
Maternity cover initially until the end of autumn term
We invite applications to join our team of dedicated teaching assistants with a September start. This is a varied role and may include working with children with additional and/or behavioural needs, supporting the teacher in the management of pupils in class and in preparing the learning environment.
For this position you will need to:
• work under the direct instruction of teaching/senior staff to support pupils in their learning
• have experience of working with children with special educational needs
• be self-motivated and able to use initiative
• be able to motivate, inspire and encourage children
• be approachable and able to develop positive relationships with staff and parents
• have good literacy and IT skills
• be resilient and have a flexible approach
• be articulate and able to give written or verbal information to staff or other professionals
• be methodical and able to keep accurate records
• enjoy working as part of a hard working team
• willing to abide by our school code of conduct
Closing Date – Friday 7 June 2019 at 9.00am
Interview Date – Wednesday 12 June 2019
Safeguarding Recruitment Statement
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure & Disbarring Service (DBS) disclosure and Health Declaration.
Greenhill Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.