Due to one of our Teaching Assistants taking on a teaching position in September, we now have a vacancy to appoint a Teaching Assistant, ideally with an interest in Maths to join our Learning Support team. With an increase in SEN students from September, if we have the right candidate we will also look to take on a general Teaching Assistant, with no specific specialism.
About St Peter’s:
• An extremely successful school and sixth form, set in attractive grounds on the outskirts of Guildford.
• Standards are high and academic progress excellent, with very good facilities and resources.
• Community is a key aspect of our ethos; relationships between students and staff are excellent.
• The school has a reputation for excellent pastoral care and inclusion.
• A partner school of Teach Southeast, an initial teacher training (ITT) provider.
About the Learning Support Department:
• The department supports all teaching staff at St Peter’s to ensure the inclusion of every student between Years 7 and 13. We have high expectations for all of our students.
• The department works closely with SEND, Pupil Premium, EAL and disadvantaged students, parents, heads of year, tutors and subject staff to support individual needs.
• We are a lively, friendly and busy department, with a challenging and varying role within the school.
What we can offer you:
• A friendly, supportive environment, where best practise is shared to ensure high quality teaching support.
• A varied workload with the necessary training and development to work effectively.
• A Local Government Pension Scheme.
• All staff benefit from free access to Spectrum, Guildford, Sports Centre. Including the gym, group exercise classes, spa and pool.
• An enthusiastic and dynamic individual.
• Educated to A Level standard with GCSE English and Maths at grade C or equivalent.
• Either looking to move on to a career in teaching, or committed to the role of Teaching Assistant.
• Unsure? Why not visit the school for a tour and let us answer any questions you may have.
The hours are 28 per week, 8.30 - 3.15 daily with unpaid morning and lunch breaks. However there is an opportunity for paid duties during lunchtime and after school.
If you would like to visit the school for an informal tour please contact Michelle Gallagher, HR Manager.
Interview dates will be arranged as suitable applications are received so an early application is advised.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
St Peters Catholic School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The Successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced check via the Disclosure and Barring Service.