We have the opportunity to appoint a Teaching Assistant to work part time (1-1) with a child with Autism in Nursery from September. We are looking for a talented and committed Teaching Assistant who has a positive attitude, a caring nature and a commitment to working with others. For this post, we would require additional skills, knowledge and experience in working with SEN children with Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
We are looking for someone who:
• has experience of dealing with children who have autism, ideally in a primary school environment;
• has good knowledge of ASD, and how it affects the learning of pupils;
• can nurture and support individual pupils in the mainstream classroom, whilst having the flexibility and confidence to find different ways to help them engage with their learning;
• has a naturally supportive character that will help pupils feel comforted and cared for through an encouraging, positive approach;
• has good literacy and numeracy skills;
• is reliable, flexible, and has the ability to work as part of a team.
We are a friendly staff team, dedicated to providing children with meaningful learning experiences, whilst aiming to support the varied needs that our children present.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service Check (old CRB), references & medical clearance. We are committed to equal opportunities. All references will be obtained before interview.
If you respect children and enjoy helping them to learn then we will offer you a warm and welcoming school environment where happy and highly skilled colleagues will support you.
Appointments made are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service checks.
Please return applications to the School Business Manager, Mrs Carla Ramsey via email or by post to Westwood Primary School, Bodmin Garth, Leeds, LS10 4NU.
If you require any further information please contact Mrs Carla Ramsey.
Closing date: Tuesday 2nd July 2019
Interviews: Friday 5th July 2019
Start date: Monday 2nd September
Westwood Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Appointments will be made subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check, and medical clearance from the LCC occupational Health service
Westwood Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.