Hours: 33.5 hours per week (8:30am – 3:30pm Monday to Friday, which includes 30 minutes during the lunch period, plus one additional hour each week to be agreed with the Head of School)
Contract: Permanent, term time only plus all INSET days
Salary: BG5, spinal points 4-5: £18,426 - £18,795 pro rata (actual salary: £14,252 - £14,816)
Wicklea Academy is looking to appoint an enthusiastic and committed Level 2 Teaching Assistant to join our professional team of staff.
You will need:
- To be flexible and willing to work anywhere across key stage two
- To cover the full range of teaching assistant roles as required including supporting whole classes, covering intervention groups and working 1-1 with children
- To support groups of a range of abilities under the direction of the class teachers
- To be able to work as part of a team, with excellent communication skills, a sense of humour and the ability to share ideas and learn from each other
- To be able to build relationships with the children and colleagues within the school and community
- To have high expectations for children’s learning, behaviour and personal development
- To carry out some administrative tasks such as photocopying and laminating
In return, we can offer you:
- The opportunity to work in a rapidly improving school
- An innovative, well-structured curriculum
- Friendly and supportive staff
- Well behaved children with a thirst to learn
- A well-organised programme of CPD
- Support from staff across the Multi Academy Trust
Closing date: Sunday 7th July 2019 (midnight)
Interviews: Monday 15th July 2019
Start date: 2nd September 2019
For a tour of the academy please phone 0117-9030480 to make an appointment to visit.
We are committed to safeguarding all children and staff and expect all employees to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for the successful applicant.