This is an exciting opportunity for two outstanding teaching assistants to become part of our successful school.
The positions are to support the social and emotional needs of children to allow them to access the curriculum. Knowledge of EYFS and KS1 curriculum is essential. The successful candidate will be able to adapt the curriculum for individual needs and to work as part of a team to support other groups of children within the school. Knowledge of ASD is desirable.
The position will be term time only for 25 hours a week. Initially this will be a one year contract. There is also the possibility of some additional hours as an MDSA.
The post will also involve:
- Assisting the class teacher and other professionals to inform planning
- Deliver teaching and learning 1:1 and in small groups ensuring records are kept showing evidence and progress
- Liaising with teachers, parents and outside agencies
- The ability to adapt and respond to the needs of the children
We can offer you:
- An opportunity to work within a supportive team and school community (Last graded as Good by Ofsted in Feb 2018)
- A warm, caring and positive working environment.
- Friendly and well-motivated children.
- An attractive school environment with outdoor space for every classroom
- Good quality resources freely available.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be an outstanding practitioner, willing to go over and above
- Be innovative and inspirational
- Approach all children with consistency and kindness
- Be committed to working with parents, carers and the wider community
- Have high expectations of pupils, colleagues and themselves
- Have a good sense of humour and excellent communication skills.
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged and warmly welcomed. Please contact Mrs Sally Perrett SBM for further information or to arrange a mutually convenient time.
Closing date: Thursday 5th September.
Beechcroft Infants School is committed to promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will require an enhanced DBS and appointment will be subject to receipt of suitable references, qualifications and identity checks.
Beechcroft Infants School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.