Crowdys Hill is seeking inspiring, dedicated Teaching Assistants to work across all areas of its 4-19 provision.
Crowdys Hill is a dynamic and forward thinking special school for pupils with moderate learning difficulties and complex needs from across the Borough of Swindon. This is a particularly exciting time to be joining Crowdys Hill School. In September 2016 we opened primary and sixth form provisions which saw our roll rise to over 220. We are seeking to employ Teaching Assistants who will be willing to work across all our provisions, from the Primary to Sixth Form phases.
- Genuinely interested in children's education?
- Passionate about working with pupils with special educational needs?
- Someone with the aptitude and desire to work with pupils who have complex learning needs?
- A creative thinker, looking to be part of a highly effective multi-disciplinary team? Be able to support physical, emotional, personal care needs of children (training given)?
- A team player who will be able to contribute positively to further develop an exciting curriculum?
- Flexible and adaptable to the needs of the pupils?
- Willing to work out in the community supporting our pupils on work experience and in their off-site lessons.
- Must be able to carry out personal care and manual handling duties (training will be given).
- All teaching assistants work through their lunch, usually supervising children in the dining hall, under Mid-Day Supervisor Assistant pay.
If you are, then we can offer:
- Friendly and supportive staff
- Supportive school, committed to achieving exceptionally high standards.
- An interesting, diverse and exciting career.
- Small class sizes to allow you to give more time and individual attention to pupils.
- A strong ethos and a commitment to collaborative working.
- A commitment to safeguarding and the promotion of the welfare of children and young people
- A sense of achievement at the end of a day
We welcome applications from people who have had a diverse employment history, or postgraduates looking for experience in their gap year. Previous experience is not necessary as training will be given throughout. A calm and reliable attitude with common sense is required.
In accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998, jobholders should take reasonable care to ensure that personal data is not disclosed outside Council procedures, or use personal data held on others for their own purposes. In accordance with the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act 2000, ensure requests for non-personal information are dealt with in accordance with the Council’s written procedures.
To comply with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1998 (as amended by S147 of the Nationality and Immigration and Asylum Act 2002) all prospective employees will be required to supply evidence of eligibility to work in the UK. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Crowdys Hill School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Background checks and an enhanced DBS will be required. Applicants must have GCSE or equivalent grade C or above in English and Maths - proof of this will be required if you are selected for interview.
Salary: £18,186 - £19.573 Pro-rata (term time only). 8.45am- 3.30pm
Approximately £12,825 to £13,803 per annum (dependent on accrued SBC employment).
Additional to this is the MDSA salary.
The Self-Disclosure form MUST be returned with your application
Visits to the school are highly recommended and encouraged.
Previous applicants need not apply
Crowdys Hill School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and all post holders are subject to an Enhanced Criminal Records Bureau Disclosure and employment checks. References will be called and checked prior to interview. The right to work in the UK and qualifications will be checked at the time of the interview.