24 hours per week Teaching Assistant – mainly 1:1 support for 2 children (pupils with ASD and PDA) with some flexibility and general TA duties, fixed term contract until August 31st 2020 (with view to be renewed)
8.30-1.00 3 days per week and 8.30-3.00 2 days per week
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: S3 £17,316 FTE, £9,739 p.a actual
Contract: Fixed Term to 31st August 2020
Closing Date: Friday 27th September 2019 at noon
Interview Date: Thursday 4th October 2018
An excellent opportunity to join a well-respected school in a lovely rural setting within easy-reach of Guildford and the A3.
We currently require an enthusiastic, talented, energetic teaching assistant to join our school and build on our successes.
St Marys has a wonderful school environment with well-resourced classrooms and a supportive staff team.
We seek someone who is:-
- Able to engage and motivate our children to achieve highly.
- Willing to embrace new ideas and be creative.
- Determined to have high expectations for every child regardless of need or individual ability.
- Highly motivated, hardworking and committed to high standards of success.
- Able to use your initiative in line with school expectations.
We can offer you:
- Individual induction programme supported by a mentor
- Supportive team that highly values TA support
- CPD Training and opportunities for career progression
- Friendly and sociable staff
Experience in working with children with ASD desirable but not essential as training will be given
If you are interested and would like to visit please contact the school. Your interest will be warmly welcomed and you will certainly be impressed with the quality and standards that our school provides.
St Marys is a member of the Good Shepherd Academy Trust which is a group of schools working together to share good practice and provide the highest quality education, enabling every pupil to realise their full potential.
St. Mary’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake a criminal record check via the DBS. The post is exempt from Section 4(2) of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act, 1974 (Exemptions) Order 1975 & 2000. St Mary’s is an inclusive employer.