Are you a dedicated professional able to enhance the education of our pupils?
We are currently looking for a Teaching Assistant in KS2 to join our happy team at Sandcross Primary School . Our ethos is one of mutual respect and our ideal candidate would understand how to nurture and develop the whole child whilst maintaining high expectations and standards. This post involves running personalised programmes and interventions, teaching groups or individuals who have been targeted for extra support and covering the class as required in the short-term absence of the teacher. Full training will be given. Knowledge and pre-training in any interventions would be an advantage. This job also involves an element of lunchtime cover and you should be prepared to work with children throughout the school as required.
We can offer:
• Excellent working conditions in a beautiful new building on the rural southern edge of Reigate.
• A wealth of experience in the training of teachers via the Surrey/South Farnham SCITT programme.
• A robust induction and on-going training for applicants considering a career in teaching.
• The support and guidance of an excellent class teacher.
• A friendly team of colleagues who will make you welcome and support you within a learning culture.
• A passionate belief in the capacity of every child to succeed and achieve.
We need a Teaching Assistant who is:
• Well qualified, highly articulate, literate and numerate.
• Hardworking, committed, highly positive and able to use their initiative.
• Adaptable, creative and able to communicate well with adults and children.
• Resilient, reliable, caring, flexible, patient and cheerful.
• Keen to support children’s learning 1:1 and in groups/classes.
• Able to learn quickly how to teach phonics, reading, writing and Maths.
• Passionate about Sports, Arts, Music or Languages and keen to contribute.
• A great mediator, especially in the playground.
Relevant, recent experience and a good knowledge of the primary curriculum will be an advantage.
Contract: Permanent, Part Time, Term Time only
Hours: 8.30 to 3.30pm, Monday to Friday.
Salary: Grade S3 pro-rata
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. For more details, to meet the head teacher or to see the school, please contact Janet Ramsay.
Closing Date: Monday 21st October 12.00 noon
Interviews: To be arranged. We may call candidates for interview as applications are received
Start Date: November 2019
Sandcross Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff are required to complete an enhanced DBS Check.
Sandcross School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.