Teaching Assistant (level 3) – working 1:1 – 15 hours per week (term time only)
Location: Bishop Sutton Primary School, Wick Road, Bishop Sutton, Bristol. BS39 5XD
Closing Date: 4th November 2019
Start Date: 18th November 2019 or as soon as possible thereafter, until 20th July 2020.
Contract: This post is temporary depending on funding and the named pupil being on roll at the school.
Hours: 15 hours 12:30pm – 3:30pm, Term time only Monday to Friday
Grade and Salary: SCP 5 (JG3) actual salary £6517 per year.
Applications are invited from experienced teaching assistants, qualified up to NVQ level 3 or equivalent for the above post in our outstanding Primary School. The success applicant will begin the post on 18th November or as soon as possible thereafter. This is a 1:1 support role, working with a Reception child with Down Syndrome, who has an EHCP to support his learning, communication, social and emotional and physical needs. This post is temporary depending on funding and the named pupil being on roll at the school.
The successful candidate will:
- Have high expectations of pupil achievement and will be skilled at supporting a child with a range of learning, social and emotional needs.
- Be enthusiastic about working with children in an educational environment and committed to supporting their learning.
- Have good communication and teamwork skills, and work collaboratively with teaching staff, other support staff and outside agencies.
- Experience of using Makaton or willingness to undertake training
- Be willing to undertake personal care duties
- A friendly and supportive staff team.
- A school graded as ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted in 2012, providing excellent teaching and learning.
- Caring and respectful pupils who are proud of their school and work with independence and enthusiasm.
- Commitment to CPD opportunities.
- A supportive team of governors.
- Opportunities to work collaboratively across the federation.
Visits to the school are welcomed and encouraged. Please contact the school to make an appointment.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We follow safer recruitment practices and appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check
If you would like more information on the role or to book a visit please contact the school office on 01275-332817.
Federation of Bishop Sutton and Stanton Drew Primary Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.