Salary Grade: E 6-8
Salary Band: £13,307 - £13,844 pa
Location: Melksham Oak Community School
Contract Type: Term Time
Contract Term: Permanent
Closing Date: Tuesday 05 November 2019
Interview Date: week commencing 11 November 2019
Hours: 30 per week
Start: December or sooner
About the Opportunity
We wish to recruit an outstanding Teaching Assistant to join our dedicated team and contribute to ensuring our school continues to flourish. With a new Principal, two new Vice-Principals, and a clearly defined direction of travel, this is an incredibly exciting time to join Melksham Oak.
Melksham Oak is a school that aims to prepare our students for the future. Our curriculum offers a balance of vocational and academic learning which is tailored towards our students’ needs. We believe that teachers should have really high expectations and we support our staff practically to do this with strong behaviour structures and clear lines of support to a leadership team that is fully involved in the quality of teaching across the academy
We require a resourceful, enthusiastic and self-motivated Teaching Assistant. The candidate should ideally have experience of working in a school environment supporting classes with an enthusiasm for improving students learning. We would like someone with a tolerant and compassionate nature and sense of humour which would be an asset and the ability to work co-operatively within a team setting is also essential.
This is an excellent opportunity to work in partnership with the teaching staff in the school and staff from other schools that make up The White Horse Federation. You could be part of a hub of schools within a growing Multi Academy Trust which is moving from strength to strength and expanding at a positive, steady rate. You could have access to a network of like-minded professionals across the Trust.
Our ideal candidate will be
An excellent Teaching Assistant who loves working with children and helping to inspire them to achieve high standards and realise their potential;
- A great team player who can work successfully in collaboration with others and contribute towards the school ethos and its school improvement activities;
- Someone who enjoys the challenge and can bring the vision, passion and drive to raise standards in all aspects of school life;
- Be fully committed to working collaboratively with the wider school community and across the federation;
- Able to make a significant contribution to the wider life of our School;
- Have experience of working with children with social, emotional and mental health difficulties; and be fully aware of the key elements of nurture provision.
- Able to positively promote inclusion and have high expectations for all children.
We can offer you
An attractive working environment with excellent facilities and supportive families;
- A committed, hardworking and supportive team;
- 100% focus on improving outcomes for the children in our school;
- Well-resourced classrooms;
- A group of children with a passion for learning.
Visits to the school are warmly encouraged - please come and meet some of the staff and our children and see for yourself! Please contact 01225-792700 to make an appointment.
More information about the school can be found on our website.
We know that your role requires you to put a lot of time and effort into it and because of this we believe you should be rewarded. As a White Horse Federation employee you will have access to benefits listed below.
Some benefits are accessible by all staff irrespective of their contract type (T). Some are only eligible to permanent (P) employees following a successful probation period as noted:
Car Purchase scheme (P)
- Reward Gateway discounts (P&T)
- Cashback healthcare plan (P)
- Discounted gym membership scheme (P&T)
- Hire purchase Cycle to Work scheme (P)
- Free and confidential advice, information and counselling service (P&T)
- Excellent Pension scheme (P&T)
Melksham Oak Community School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.