Burley & Woodhead Church of England Primary School, Burley-in-Wharfedale, West Yorkshire
Dates : Apply by 12pm 6th December 2019 / Job starts 6th January 2020
Salary : Band 5 Point 4/5
Contract type : 27.5 hours per week, term time only 12.00-5.30pm typically
The pupils, staff and governors of Burley and Woodhead CE Primary are seeking to recruit an outstanding Teaching Assistant to work in a very varied role across school supporting pupils and staff.
The role will involve Iunch-time supervision each day, working as a teaching assistant in classes throughout school and working each afternoon in our after school setting – Sunset.
Our school community is looking for someone who:
• Is an exceptional teaching assistant,
• Is willing to work across school in order to support learning
• Is keen to be part of a proactive, highly motivated team,
• Enjoys working with children and can bring new ideas to the after school club role
• Can liaise effectively with parents,
• Has a “can do” attitude and is able to work on their own initiative
In return, we offer:
• A training package to support the new member of staff with their new role
• Happy, confident, enthusiastic and hardworking pupils who are eager to learn and who enjoy their time at school
• A dedicated and talented team of committed staff across our classrooms and after school club setting
• A supportive and focused governing body
• Excellent links with parents and the wider community
If you think you have what it takes to be part of our team, we would love to hear from you.
Visits to the school from potential applicants are welcomed and encouraged. Please telephone the school office on 01943-862739 to arrange a visit.
The closing date for applications is Friday 6th December at 12pm.
Short listing will take place on Friday 6th December and the assessment task and interview will be held on week beginning Monday 9th December.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to embrace this commitment.
All applicants will be considered on the basis of suitability for the post regardless of sex, race or disability
In order to be successful in being shortlisted for this role, candidates will need to demonstrate that they meet the requirements of the person specification. All offers of employment are conditional and subject to satisfactory references, DBS check, proof of eligibility to work in the UK and occupational health clearance being obtained.
Please note: CVs are not accepted for this post
Typical hours of work – 27.5 hours a week
Role 12-1pm Lunchtime Supervision
Role 1pm-3pm Teaching Assistant
Role 3pm – 5.30pm Sunset After School Club Assistant
Burley and Woodhead CE Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.