Teaching Assistant Position Available
4 mornings per week - 14.75 hour position (term time only) fixed term contract until 22nd July 2020:
Tuesday to Thursday: 8.30am – 12 noon
Friday: 8.15am – 12.30pm
Start Date: Ideally Monday 13th January 2020
Scale: Scale 4 of the LBRUT Support Staff Scale
(£7,806 - £8,235 pa, based on 14.75 hours per week, 39 weeks per year)
The Queen’s CE Primary School is an oversubscribed two-form entry, Church of England primary school in Kew. The school was graded as Outstanding by OFSTED (March 2017) and SIAMS (2016).
It is highly desirable that applicants have experience of working with children with a range of Special Educational Needs. Ideally:
• Someone who is familiar with social thinking strategies, emotional literacy and using zones of regulation.
• Someone who has a positive hardworking attitude, shows initiative, is proactive and demonstrates good communication skills.
“Pupils behave impeccably in and out of lessons. They take care of one another and thrive on the responsibilities the school provides for them.” (OFSTED 2017)
“The school goes to great lengths to integrate all children with Christian love and care. They know ‘everyone has their own special talent’ and that teachers work hard to make their school ‘a unique and happy place’ offering exciting and creative opportunities.” (SIAMS 2016)
The successful candidate will:
• Have experience of working with children with Special Educational Needs
• Demonstrate a commitment towards raising standards within a school community
• Have an understanding of numeracy skills and literacy in the primary curriculum
• Positively promote inclusion and have high expectations for all children
• Be able to deliver a range of intervention programs
• Be creative and enjoy making their interventions fun in order to inspire, motivate, engage and enthuse our pupils to love learning and aspire for great things
• Be a proactive team player with good communication skills
• Have a range of effective positive behaviour management skills
• Be willing to contribute to the broader life of the school community
• Have a commitment to the school’s Christian values of Love, Compassion and Respect.
We can offer you:
• Enthusiastic, considerate pupils who are keen to learn
• A friendly, welcoming school with hard working and dedicated staff
• Opportunities for professional development
• A well-resourced learning environment
• Visits are warmly welcomed; please contact the school office to book a tour.
Closing date: Monday 6th January 2020 at 12:00pm
Interview date: Wednesday 8th January, time to be agreed
The Queen's School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment.
The post is subject to enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring (DBS), excellent references, proof of qualifications, medical clearance and proof of entitlement to work in the EU.