Post Name Teaching Assistant Level 3 – Support & delivering learning
Grade SCP and salary – subject to Job Evaluation Grade 6 £19,554 – 20,751
Hours of Work 32.5 hours a week. Working pattern to be agreed.
Type of Contract Term time – 39 weeks per year
Length of Contract Up to August 2021 – position to then be reviewed
Duties and responsibilities
• Supervise and provide specific support to young person, either individually or in small groups, in meaningful and appropriate learning activities ensuring their safety and access to learning.
• Attend to young person’s personal needs and implement related personal programmes, including social, health, physical, hygiene, medical, first aid and welfare on a daily basis.
• Assist the teacher in implementing agreed work programmes to maintain skills and emotional wellbeing.
• Deal with physical needs of young persons, where necessary using appropriate specialist equipment and aids to promote physical development and encourage independence. Needs of individual young persons may require physical effort in facilitating activities and providing for personal care needs.
• Assist the teacher with development, implementation and review of individual education plans and personal/health care plans.
• Assist the teacher with the planning and delivery of specific and appropriate learning activities, monitor young person’s responses and record achievement/progress as directed.
• Provide direction and feedback to young persons in relation to progress, achievement and report to the teacher as agreed.
• Encourage and assist the maintenance of skills and facilitate increased participation and inclusion in activities.
• Establish an appropriate relationship of trust with young persons, being aware of and responding to individual needs
• Encourage young persons to interact with others and engage in activities.
• Encourage young persons to act independently as appropriate.
• Contribute to young person records as requested in relation to education, behaviour, medical, physical progress/maintenance/problems.
• Under the guidance of the teacher, use strategies to support young person to achieve learning goals.
• Undertake structured and agreed learning activities adjusting activities according to young person responses.
• Challenge and motivate young persons, promote and reinforce self-esteem.
• Communicate sensitively and effectively with parents as agreed with the teacher on an informal basis.
• In liaison with the Teacher, establish constructive relationships and communicate with other agencies/professionals, in liaison with the teacher, to support achievement and progress of young persons.
• Supervise young persons during activities having regard for the health safety and wellbeing of young persons, other staff and the general public.
• Prepare, maintain and use resources required to meet the needs of young persons, achieve lesson plans/relevant learning activities and assist young persons in their use where appropriate including Total Communication.
Ysgol Bro Pedr is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.